What is World Exchange 2?
World Exchange 2 is the 2019 edition of the project World Exchange, a Capacity Building in the Field of Youth project funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Commission. The idea of the project is to set the capacitate NGOs to plan, implement and evaluate youth exchanges using the European model for youth from different countries and backgrounds. Each organization will have the opportunity to receive training for 2 staff members (or future staff members) who currently do not have skills related to Youth Exchanges. The skills acquired can also be useful for managing large groups of volunteers and adding a learning component to the volunteer projects. Each partner will have the opportunity to put in practice the skills acquired during the project lifetime by hosting a mobility activity (either training, youth exchange or evaluation seminar) and sending participants to Youth Exchanges.
What are the aims and objectives of World Exchange 2?
• Increasing the capacities of Organisations in Partner Countries in the field of NFL;
• Offering the Partner Countries to host a YE to promote at a local level;
• Enhance the management and internationalisation of youth organisations in Partner Countries through Training and Hosting Youth Exchanges;
• Develop tools and methods for the socio-professional development of youth workers and trainers;
• Promote cooperation, networking and peer-learning activities fostering efficient management, internationalisation and leadership of youth work organisations;
• Increase the awareness of importance of NFL opportunities for local youth amongst the partner organisations and in their networks
• Provide the partner organizations and staff with the methodologies and practical tools to carry out high quality YEs. These methodologies and practical tools are represented by the integration between the best practises of YEs and the local context in Asian
• Create awareness about YE experiences at the local political and institutional level in partner countries.
• Offer 100 young people the opportunity to participate in a Youth Exchange
• Offer 16 youth workers increased skills and knowledge to host YEs and of large groups of young people (large meetings, workcamps, etc)
• Offer 8 volunteers the opportunity to do voluntary work in Asia, increase the knowledge and the skills related to YE organisation and workcamp management
• Stimulate the interest of young people to learn about other cultures and traditions
• Offer local communities the chance to interact with international youth
Who are the partner associations?
• Associazione Kora – Italy
• IDC – France
• Quinta das Relvas – Portugal
• Seikljate Vennaskond – Estonia
• CYA – Cambodia
• G.R.E.A.T. – Indonesia
• DaLaa – Thailand
• NVDA – Pacific Asia Network